Today in our series on sadness, the message for today is that you must remember that sadness is neither good nor bad. And that sadness certainly does not mean that you have failed or are failing at anything. Sadness is merely a part of a natural reaction to certain circumstances. So today let’s look at some ways to lead yourself through sadness:
- Allow yourself time. Sadness, like happiness, is part of life and like most great things in life … it takes time.
- My big one is, talk about it. Talk with those who you feel safe with. Bring up issues “happy” people like to ignore. Be real. Be honest.
- Focus on things within your control. There will be so many things in those first few weeks/months that you don’t feel like you can control. Let go of these things and focus on what you can control, the little things that will grow day by day.
- Believe your life does have a purpose, through the good and the bad, through the thick and the thin.
- Make sure to rest. I know for me keeping busy is the key and yet, sometimes, the message of sadness is to stop, or at least slow down and allow yourself time to feel and release the sadness
- Allow yourself to be sad. Cry if you need to. There are never too many tears. Remember that everyone gets sad at some point in their lives. Denying your feelings can force them inside where they do more damage with time.
Always remember, sadness does not mean failure. It does not take away from your awesomeness. It just is and you can work through these times and feelings of sadness.
Food for thought.